Our state-of-the-art endoscopy center offers three fully equipped, endoscopy suites. To facilitate treatment, the endoscopy center has computerized patient scheduling and direct access from the parking structure.
Examples of conditions treated:
- Heartburn or GERD
- Gallbladder and biliary tract diseases
- Digestive disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis
- Liver diseases (including viral hepatitis)
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Pancreatic disease
Diagnosis and Treatment
Fortunately, many conditions can be easily diagnosed and treated. Treatment may be as simple as readjusting your dietary habits or taking antibiotics for a period of time to eliminate the infections. Sometimes a combination of medications and other treatments can help reduce or eliminate the problem. Other, more complicated problems may require additional, more tests before arriving at a definitive diagnosis. In certain cases, minimally invasive surgery may be required.
Some of the technology and diagnostic tools available at Alvarado Hospital include:
- X-ray studies
- Colonic transit studies
- Radionuclide scans gastrointestinal bleeding
- Visceral angiograms
- Dilation for achalasia
- Enteral metal and poly stenting
- Other endoscopy/fluoroscopy combined cases
- ERCP including complex stone/stricture management and lithotripsy
Our Physician Referral Service can help you find a physician who meets your needs. To find a physician, simply click on the Physician Finder or call 800-ALVARADO (800-258-2723). Additional information regarding our programs and services is also available by calling our toll-free number.