Your physician will determine when it is medically appropriate for you to leave the hospital. He or she will let you know in advance so that you may arrange for transportation. Our discharge time is 11 a.m. each day. If you need help making transportation arrangements, our staff will be happy to assist you.
Before you leave, you will receive verbal and written instructions for your care once you are at home. When it is time for you to leave, a transporter or member of our nursing staff will escort you to your car.
Things to ask before you leave the hospital:
- Do you clearly understand your physician’s discharge instructions?
- Will you be on a special diet?
- What limitations are there to your daily activities?
- Are there any medications you need to take and do you understand how they are to be used, as well as any side effects you might expect?
- Do you need to arrange for any post-hospital care, such as physical therapy or other treatment?
- Do you need to make a follow-up appointment with your doctor?
- Do you have all your belongings, including any medications you brought with you?
- Did you bring any valuables that were kept in our safe while you were hospitalized?