Alvarado Hospital offers a volunteer program that includes students to senior citizens. Our volunteers play a vital role in the hospital operations on a daily basis. In fact, over the last year, our volunteers have donated more than 50,000 hours and provide the equivalent of $1 million in care.
Before starting, volunteers are requested to complete the following:
- Purchase a uniform
- Pay annual auxiliary dues ($6 adults, $3 high school students)
- Complete two TB tests
- Provide documentation of MMR
- Complete the volunteer handbook quiz
- Pass the HIPAA (patient confidentiality) exam
- Complete training (one to three sessions, depending on area)
SEE OUR FAQ FOR MORE INFORMATION
Because our volunteers play such an important role, we ask that you commit to at least one, four-hour shift weekly for a one-year period. You must be at least 16 years of age to apply.
If any of the volunteer opportunities interest you or you’d like more information, e-mail us or call 619-229-4619. The volunteer office is located on the first floor of the West Tower, suite 112, San Diego. The hospital is located adjacent to San Diego State University.